With a real break in the weather, we could not be contained indoors! It was off to the bike trail to explore! The kids love it there and it gives us a chance to hang out without the interruptions of media. The kids ran ahead and played in the streams and tried to find minnows. It's not nearly warm enough for them, yet, but they did have fun tossing rocks in a making lots of splashes!
Gus found a large branch and pulled it to the water's edge to share with Cupcake so they could toss a few sticks into the current. It was really great spending time with them when they were getting along so well. Sometimes, life ruts cause friction among siblings, but all of that melted away in the warming sun today. It was an afternoon I'll cherish for many days to come.
Thanks for teaching me something new today---I now know what to call the little yellow flower that my Cupcake picked for me yesterday! :-) I looked "Coltsfoot" up on Wikipedia & learned a few more new things!
ReplyDeleteEnjoying your blog! Can't believe how big our children are getting.