As I get older, I realize I'm becoming more claustrophobic! I realized it even more so today when the bathroom door jammed and I was held prisoner inside. Now, I've spent a considerable amount of time in that room of the house so it wasn't that I was unfamiliar with the surroundings. It was that I couldn't get out. The idea of being stuck was unsettling, so I started screaming. Dignified, I know. But I did! Luckily, Gus was still in the house in between basketball plays outside! I yelled "Let me out! Go get Daddy! NOW!"
Calm, cool, and collected were not anything I was so elegantly displaying. I seriously was contemplating how hard it would be to escape out the skylight. Mind you, it is a permanently sealed window. I thought of digging! Genius! I could dig through the carpet and fall a story into the basement. So, obviously, I wasn't thinking clearly.
Finally, when I say this I realistically only mean about 5 minutes, help arrives! Like a knight in shining armor, once again, Super Daddy came to my rescue!
After, bolting out the newly opened door, I felt free. Free from fear! Free from that ever shrinking bathroom....
Irrational fear, however, led me to thinking that I called out for help and Daddy delivered! What a wonderful of a reminder, that Abba, Daddy, God our Father, hears our desperate cries and comes to our rescue. God did a lot of rescuing in the Bible. He rescued the Israelites many times over! He intervened in battles so His will would be done, rescuing many! David praised the Lord many times for the rescuing He provided throughout his lifetime! Rack, Shack, and Benny (Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego) were rescued from the fiery furnance, Daniel was rescued from the lion's mouths! Truths after truths, the scriptures proclaim God's ability to rescue!
Jeremiah 1:8 boldy proclaims: Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
And ultimately, Jesus made the biggest rescue of all, when He gave up His life on the cross to die for all of us. He died for the mistakes we make. He did it out of love. And He still hears our cries! He does not ignore us! He wants to hear from us....even when the prayers are desperate and come from a bathroom!
Thank you Lord for reminding me that rescuing is something you do so well.
Thank you for reminding me, I can get myself into situations I can not get out of.
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
![]() |
| A ray of sunshine through the door knob! |
| So small, but so strong! |

And Justin laughs at me because I take my cell phone to the bathroom with me!! I may need to call for help someday. :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSHHHHHH how stinking funny <3 this is why I love you so <3
ReplyDelete