Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dyeing to know!



She decided to "do" my hair.  She gathered the brush and started rearranging all my hair.  Sticking it up over here, smooshing it down over there.  Suddenly, she stops and begins examining.  I'm wondering what she is looking for. Oh, please not lice or something!  Finally, I asked her:

"What are you looking for?"
"I'm just looking at all the colors in here!  There's lots of colors in here! You have some gway ones, too!  Lots of them, Mommy!  Here's one!  Here's one!--"

Oh my.  Suddenly, I was wishing that she had actually discovered a rainbow in there instead! And thinking perhaps that I shouldn't have second guessed not buying that box of Nice & Easy the other day-even if I was unsure of the color!  

So, I googled Gray Hair images thinking I could find some inspirations for the completely natural cell death that results in stealing your color.  Below are two of the results that were retrieved.  No, I'm not kidding.


My mother has beautiful glistening gray hair.  Everywhere we go, people remind her.  "You have such beautiful hair!"  She has this shimmering crown of beauty that she wears well.  I hope one day, when I surrender, or hair dyes become illegal, extinct, or unobtainable, I'll inherit that trait.  


My mama claims we have given them to her.  By, "we" I think she just means my brother.  

It has been said that stress may cause an advancement of graying hair.  In fact, legend has it Marie Antoinette's hair went completely white the night before she was guillotined!  That's got to be a close comparison to the stress of parenting, right?  

Either way, in my googling I found "Gray is the new black!"  Wow!  They are even doing casting calls for models to show off the new trend!  

So, I'm figuring after all this research...Embrace it or don't?  Enjoy it or not?  

What I do know is that the Lord is not surprised by any of this.  

  • He knows the number of hairs on my head, and how many of them are shifting spectrums.  (Matthew 10:30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.)

  • I am assured there is to be no shame in it! ( Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.)
  • I am reminded, that no matter the circumstance, He is God.  He is in charge.  He is Almighty.  He matters above all things.  (Isaiah 46:4 Even in your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.)
Verdict:  It doesn't really matter, does it?  Enjoy being a creation that was designed out of love.  Be me!  Be happy!  Know I am loved!


And if all else fails, I look really good in hats!



No comments:

Post a Comment