| First laundry hanging of the year! |
This Spring-like weather has me in love!
In love with the idea of new possibilities and the awesomeness of our Creator.
I am giddy when I discover the new crocuses that we planted just this last fall. We were diligent about planning their growth positions in that we let Cupcake run all over the front yard and wherever she stopped-VIOLA! A new crocus bulb found its home! All 42 of them are scattered across the yard in such a fashion I could have tossed them from the front porch!
I love that I have been able to wear open toed shoes! Who would have thought piggies could get cabin fever, but these 10 little wigglers were ready to see some sunshine. So much so, I slipped on a pair of flip flops and jaunted across the yard. Granted, I go slowed down by the mud around the new garage...so much so I lost a shoe and the other clicked up so hard with much it splattered the whole backside of the garage (and me!) with mud! But they were basking the glorious sun either way!
I love to teach the children about new growth. We go for walks to discover the branches tipped with red showing how much it has grown from the passing season. And we've investigated the red pods on the maples that are aching to burst into leaves. We've noticed the touches of the white softness on the Quaking Aspens (Super Daddy has fondly renamed these the Tree Uglies). We've found green sprouts that will soon be Red Hot Pokers, Lilies, and Daisies. Of course we spotted the yellow heads of Colt's Foot just a few days ago on the trail that rendered a call to my mother to announce Spring's soon entrance. And we even found some weeds, poking their sassy heads in my flower gardens taunting me already.
I love that we have made the Annual Spring To-Do list! The red inked list has its usual spot on the front of the fridge with lots of plans in place. Picking up sticks, cleaning out the play yard, are sweeping out the treehouse are all on there! Each year it helps to have a list of things to get done so we can get to the good stuff! Swimming! Hiking! Camping! No one wants to be home doing work all Spring and Summer! Besides, even after a mild winter, we are all anxious to get outside!
We all want to feel that tickling grass between our toes.
Now if we can just get rid of the bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment