Sunday, February 26, 2012

Joy Comes in the Morning

It was an innocent conversation.  Honest.

But, by the end of it, I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks.  It was the kind of laughter that shakes your whole body and staggers your breathing.  The laughter reached deep into the pits of my personality where sadness tends to lurk and chased it out the door.  
It made me giggle so badly I was hoping a new pair of pants weren't in order!

Even though I can not begin to remember enough about the conversation to make a ten point outline, it stuck with me.  I woke this morning with joy on my lips!  
A smile, almost a smirk, was stuck on my face.  

We often forget that we need laughter.  We need some lighter moments to give us that encouraging push in the right direction.  Sometimes we need to know that silver linings aren't invisible.  
And we need to reminded that friendships are a gift to be treasured.  

  • A good friend is cheaper than therapy.  ~Author Unknown  
  • A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.- Bernard Meltzer
  • I love people who make me laugh.  I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh.  I cures a multitude of ills.  It's probably the most important thing in a person-Audrey Hepburn
Thank you dear friends for reminding me the importance of laughter!

Job 8:21
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new amazing friends I've made that have brought so much joy and laughter back into my life ~ I've definitely missed this feeling! Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy our times "together" and CANNOT wait for REAL time together to see what trouble we get into :P God has brought the THREE AMIGOS together for a reason :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete