"And thank you, Jesus, for the tomatoes we'll have, and the corn, and the beans....well help them grow too, I guess...and the flowers!" Before the little "amen" was whispered, I found myself inspired. It's February. Gardening season isn't anywhere in sight except for daydreaming and here is a child that is thanking the Lord for a harvest we haven't even begun planting!
In scripture, it mentions childlike faith. I've read that before, but God understands I'm an "aha!" learner sometimes. He tosses out situations that I trip over and finally see what I should have seen all along! This was one of the gifts. This little child that only thinks of gardening as dirt under the fingernails, weeds, and occasional worm, was thinking ahead! Not just thinking, she was THANKING! She had no doubt that God would bless a harvest! She knew, without a doubt, that He would kickstart the growing process of our tomatoes and cucumbers....even the green beans!
Matthew 6:31-34
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:26-27
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?


No comments:
Post a Comment