Well, when you burn the candle at both ends you end up with pretty much just a mess. That's where I am. I'm my own melted pool of goey life wax which totally explains the meltdown! Ha! We've all been there, when a good cry seems to clear the path of which direction we need to go. A lack of sleep, a stubborn toddler, and burnt toast that makes my new toaster oven look old where the trio that sent me to the place I needed to be-falling on my knees. There is nowhere better to be than at the feet of God Almighty. He already knows we're broken, lost, and in my case also exhausted. Oh how I love. I love so many people and things and I'm thankful to have such an encouraging net to catch me.
So, as I was making it through another day with a clean slate smeared, God reminded me of laughter. I was in a hurry to get out the door to get Supergus from school and was doing some last minute tidying that we call a "once over" around here. I grabbed a diaper yet to be used for a human (dolly's first), a shoe, a sock, and a pair of jammies. Lastly, I hung Cupcake's jammies over the edge of her headboard when they made a "clinking" sound. Puzzled, I was amazed to find not one but two forks in her footed jammies. She just smiled. I chuckled whispering "of course."
So despite the charred oven, the antique dining chair with the shredded seat, a broken ornament, and a child trying to use the curtain as a climbing rope I am relieved. Relieved that two is only one year, that there are only 24 hours in a day, that I can call my mommy when I need to and that I have Jesus Christ as my friend and savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment