So, I can't pass over my morning just yet. Cupcake, the independent and stubborn wonder she is, has decided that sleep isn't overly important in increments of more than a couple hours at a time. So, nightly, I am attending and trying to convince her of the importance of rest. She doesn't seem overly concerned that her mother is beginning to run on the fumes of fumes and the new language she has developed is actually a slur from delirium. Anyway, around a quarter to dawn this morning, I got her situated in her high chair with yummy yogurt and the anticipation of watching Elmo turn three again on that DVD we are thankful for. I fall back into bed and my wonderful husband (who deserves more credit than I can ever begin to give!) gets up for the next shift. I crash into a sleep pattern I'm craving and am woken up by an nine year old that might not see ten. "Hey good morning! Look at that! You got sleep until 7:11! Oh and I'm not hungry because it stinks in the pantry. The dog pooped. It's gross." WHAT?! I mumble instructions on doggy-doo cleaning and I'm interrupted by the same student asking "So, I need to brush my hair, where's the brush?" I point toward the bathroom and close my eyes again, not even caring about the mess. Asleep. Lights on! "Good morning!" that nine year old, who will remain nameless, exclaims on his way out of the room. Out of instinct, I say "turn off the fric'-lights!" "Dad!! Mom said "frick!" and lights go out and I sigh. Now, know, cursing is not my thing. And Fric- (not even finished) must have come from a place I forget exists.
And it's not even 7:30 a.m. yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment