What fun Halloween was! Dr. Pepper and Lil' Duckie got enough candy to keep us content until NEXT Halloween! and then some... Super Daddy and I wore all blue and wore name tags that said "Hello, my name is Jean (Gene)" ~we were a PAIR of BLUE JEANS! Cupcake wasn't too sure about trick or treating (actually we went Trunk or Treating-out of people's trunks). People looked funny to her with all the makeup and costumes on, and it was dark & noisy. She did like playing some games that were indoors at the event.
Supergus, of course loved every minute of it and thinks that every holiday should include getting candy. He and his friends enjoyed hanging out in costumes and celebrating at school too. Trunk or Treat and the annual Halloween Parade were a success and the weather cooperated, too. Our annual Fall Festival had almost 500 people in attendance! The great indoor-warm and dry event was such fun!
It was fun dressing up! I think we should do it more often! However, I wear my tiara on a regular basis anyway, so I guess that's pretty close! It makes cleaning and chores a little bit more bearable. I encouraged my kids to enjoy being creative. For the longest time, Supergus would wear safety goggles and a dinosaur costume wherever we went. After that it was a cape... and goggles! Do you know how hard it is to get dinosaur feet through the feet holes in a shopping cart?! He is so funny! And one day, rather recently, we were walking together and he was all hunched over while he was walking. I asked him what he was doing and he very seriously replied, "I'm being aerodynamic". But of course you are!
Three days, three events, 4 exhausted, sugar overloaded people.
Who says Halloween is only on October 31st?
No comments:
Post a Comment