Cupcake slept well from 9:00ish to about midnight, then decided that was enough of a rest! I got her back to sleep until about 3:00 a.m. After some adjustments and a night time snack, she went back to sleep. Me? Well, heck I was up, why not make Sunday lunch? So in the darkness of the night, I'm digging through the freezer looking for something to make. I'm preparing the crockpot, doing some dishes, and brewing some iced tea! Iced tea....mmmm! I've had a craving for that since about this time last week! I checked my emails and updated some photos, then the middle of the night crash hit me like a city bus! I crashed until the boys woke me about an hour before church.
Church was fantastic! Love praising God with our church family! Indeed we are blessed! We have much to be thankful for! It also reminded me back to the church in China, too, remembering how dedicated they are to the faith despite consequences.
Cupcake was really good about the whole "let's meet EVERYONE" day! She met a few families during sunday school opening, then napped the remaining part of the hour. She then greeted everyone with smiles at the beginning of church and the end! She finally crashed her social life debut with a exhaustive nap! It's hard to be that cute!
This afternoon, we took SG to summer camp! It's his first (half) week away from us, including overnights. When asked if he'd like us to come visit, he politely commented "No, please don't. I just need some time alone with my friends." OW! 'like a sucker-punch to the gut! Ow! My baby is growing up way too fast and the more I try to stop the hands of time, the more I hear time laughing back at me. He was brave to go to camp alone, without us, and I'm thankful he is confident enough to do it! It's just as a mommy, it breaks your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment