Saturday, March 13, 2010

Handprints on our Hearts



These photographs are reminders. Gentle reminders that time goes by so quickly and all of the day's events will all too soon become memories of yesterday. Our children leave fingerprints on everything~mirrors, walls, television screens, but mostly on our hearts. I'm reminded of the small hand print that Supergus put on a freshly painted wall of his bedroom. I'm glad I didn't repaint over that small mishap. I think back to the small friends, including pooh, piglet, and rabbit, that were hiding on the window sill behind the curtain one morning. I love to see these precious reminders again and again.

Our children model us. They watch us and repeat what they see and hear. What gifts are we leaving for them to discover that will remind them of our love for them? Kisses on the way out the door? Notes in a lunch box? Remedies to fix a bad day? Comforting hugs and encouraging smiles? Pancakes that were supposed to be mickey mouse, but turned out to be a snowman?

The love of Jesus?

So, from bathing duckies to that peanut butter sandwich found under the couch--I encourage you to love it! Remember it! And treasure these things up in your heart, for tomorrow comes all too soon and our children will be grown. Here's to finding joy in the moment and jelly in the bottom of your purse!


No comments:

Post a Comment